Sunday, September 04, 2005

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

How exciting! I've just discovered that I can upload photos on to my blog. The one that I've posted today is of the Dalada Maligawa or Temple of the Tooth in Kandy, taken from the other side of the lake. I know I've already sent this picture to a few people, but I thought I'd try this one as a test and I have to say that the test has been a resounding success.

Am sitting in front of my computer on a very cold, rainy day here in Sydney - not at all conducive to leaving the house. Apparently there was only 1.9mm of rain during August, so although it doesn't do much for my mental well-being I suppose I shouldn't really complain as the rain is desperately needed. Last night I went to see 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' with Judith, her son Ben and Ben's friend Richard. There were a number of other possible films, but I didn't feel like anything to cerebral and all of the reviews I've read of 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' have been excellent. It's much darker than the original film, which was very fluffy, and overall much funnier and much closer to the book. Judith and I couldn't stop laughing and I don't know why but the scene in the nut-sorting room had me in hsyterics. The music numbers by the Oompa Loompas were fantastic as well. Well worth seeing.

If the weather doesn't improve I might have to drag myself up to the Dendy today to see another film as this is definitely film weather. I can't spend all day sitting in front of the computer! I still have no idea what's happening this week in terms of work - ie whether or not I have any - so I have a lot of time on my hand at the moment.

Hope everyone likes the picture - will post a selection of my Sri Lanka pictures over the coming week.