All Over
It's hard to believe that that's it - that I don't have to get up at 6am to go to work tomorrow and that I probably won't be working again until December, which is when I'm planning on getting back to Australia. This week was a little strange as half of my class finished last week, so I was only left with 5 students (pictured) in my morning class. I was very lucky though to have a great group of students and we had a good week. I gave my morning class a taste of Australia today - watching The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert. The departure scene was actually shot outside the hotel at the top of Union St where I was living in Sydney and it was quite strange to see familiar territory (although it was a little disturbing to watch the bus drive off the wrong way down Union St given that it's a one-way street). In the afternoon I wasn't sure how many students were going to turn up, so I decided to base my lesson around expressions needed for negotiation and vocabulary to do with buying and selling property - ie we played Monopoly! We had a great laugh - especially as most of the students ended up bankrupt.
Tomorrow I'm moving back to Sophie and Carmine's for 5 days, then next Wednesday am heading up to the North-East - the beginning of my travels. It feel quite sad saying good-bye to Oxford and all the people I've been working with here, but what to do...

<< Home