Fun Days (and not so Fun Days)
I took this photo earlier this week on an everning stroll through the beautiful meadow that basically backs on to where I'm staying. It's been an odd week with lots of ups and downs, so I've really appreciated having somewhere so close to get away from it all.Work has been tough this week - am getting very tired of unappreciative teenagers. My afternoon class is better, but some days I'm beginning to wonder why I bother to spend so much time preparing what I think are interesting activities. The class that I have been teaching finishes this week, so hopefully I'll have better students the following week.
I was going to go down to London this weekend, but in the end I decided that I just didn't have the energy. I have this Friday off, so I'm now planning to go down on Friday (or Thursday afternoon if I can find someone to stay with). Yesterday I hung out with Sophie, Carmine and Grace. Went with Sophie and Grace to the local Fun Day in the afternoon. Grace is a real performer and was groving away to the band that was playing. On my way home last night I picked up some guide books and this morning I've been looking at accommodation options in Berlin and Prague. Sophie is now going to meet me in Prague for 3 days and I think I've found a really cool place for us to stay. All very exciting - much more exciting than thinking about work!!!
On Monday I booked my flight back to Sri Lanka and ultimately to Australia. There are so many more things I want to do over here in Europe, but right now I have other priorities! Will be staying in Sri Lanka for a month and will be back in Sydney at the beginning of December - that's the plan at the moment anyway!

<< Home