Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Shires

It's hard to believe that I only have a few weeks left here in Oxford. It's going to be sad saying goodbye to people, but I'm looking forward to doing some more travelling and catching up with various friends and family members before I head back to Sri Lanka and eventually Australia.
Yesterday was a bit stressful, but things are much better today and I feel like everything - for the moment - is under control. Summer school is hard work and there are some days when it all feels like too much. Only two and a half more weeks though and then I'm free.
On the weekend Kiya and I rented a car again and went to stay with my aunt and uncle in Wiltshire. Where they live is not that far from Oxford, so there wasn't as much driving, but unfortunately someone hit the car when we were visitng the famous White Horse and we had to pay for the damage. It wasn't so much, but means that it was quite an expensive weekend. We did get to see some great places though - some beautiful towns and villages. On Saturday we visited Bath, but that was probably a mistake given how many people visit Bath over the summer. It's a beautiful city, but it's hard to appreciate it when there people swarming everywhere. I much preferred Winchester, which we visited on Sunday. No trips planned this weekend as Saturday I'm going to London and on Sunday it's Grace's 2nd birthday.
I'm still having problems resizing photos on the computers at work, which is a real shame as I've taken some great shots. I'm possibly going to buy a new laptop - finally!!! - this week though, so hopefully next week I'll be able to post pictures without any problems. It's been really difficult not having a computer. I know a computer is not exactly essential, but it certainly makes life easier.