Feasts & Farewells
Heading north today. I still haven't packed, but my train is not until 11.30, so I have plenty of time. I managed to get a £15-seat (which I didn't think actually existed) on one of the direct services from Oxford to Newcastle, which is so much easier than having to travel via London. Since I'm coming back here at the end of September Sophie and Carmine are very kindly letting me leave some of my things here, so at some point this morning I need to sort out what I don't need to take with me.Last night and the night before I prepared two much-anticipated Sri Lankan feasts for Sophie, Carmine and Grace (who loved the papadams). On Monday night I prepared 8 dishes (including garlic curry), which was a bit of a juggling act. Last night I was a little less ambitious, but still managed to come up with 5 dishes. I love cooking - especially with spices - and love cooking for other people.
On the weekend I went to London. I was originally only planning on going for the day, but late last week decided that I felt like spending the whole weekend in London and managed to find a relatively cheap, central place to stay for the night - actually student accommodation, which is available to non-students during the summer months. On Sunday Sophie was in London, so I caught up with her and her friend Lisa for lunch. Also managed to visit a number of museums and galleries. There's so much to see in London and sometimes it's really hard to know where to begin. In many ways I'd love to live in London, but unfortunately EFL teaching is not that well-paid here and the cost-of-living is really high. Shame really. I need to find a more lucrative line of work!!!
Time to start packing...

<< Home