Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Visa Visit

Have just got back from Colombo - man what a long day! The visa application process went smoothly, but we won't know the outcome for a couple of days. Dhanushka was interviewed for about 20 minutes and was asked lots of questions about our relationship and why he wanted a Schengen visa. He said the woman who interviewed him was very friendly, but of course that doesn't mean anything.

The train journey between Kandy and Colombo is spectacular - and taking the train is much quicker and less stressful than driving. Coming back I took a few photos as the train snaked its way up through the hills.

Although I don't mind Colombo, I'm glad I don't live there. There's no way I'd be able to afford such a big house in Colombo and of course I wouldn't have the views! The climate is much more pleasant here and it the coolness was wonderful when the train pulled into Kandy. I definitely made the right choice when I said I wanted to be in Kandy!!!