Monday, June 19, 2006

Back in the UK

Am not feeling particularly well, although I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. I seem to have come down with a cold/flu thing - good thing I'm not starting work until Wednesday!

I arrived back in the UK last Wednesday afternoon and am back in Oxford. This week I'm house-sitting for my friend Sophie while she's on holiday. On Saturday I went to London to have lunch with Philip and Denis as they were over for a friend's wedding (which was held in a chapel in the crypt of St. Paul's Cathedral). The weather was perfect and before meeting up with Philip and Denis I went for a walk along the Thames. I'd forgotten how beautiful London can be when the weather is good - and how big it is. I'd also forgotten how expensive London (and the UK in general) is - eating out is so much more expensive than Australia and even Belgium and often the food is not that great. Sometimes I'm not sure how people afford to live in London.

Don't think I'll be getting up to much today. Yesterday I spent most of the day in bed reading and resting - pretty pathetic really.