Monday, September 11, 2006

Friends

My final day in Prague so at some point soon I need to get out of this cafe and do some more exploring. It's a beautiful morning and I really want to make the most of my last day. Yesterday morning waiting for my friend Tomas I found a small cafe right in the centre where I could pick up some wi-fi networks for free, so this morning I thought I'd check my mail over a latte and a chocolate croissant.

Sophie left yesterday morning. She only had a couple of days, but we managed to fit in quite a bit. The place we stayed in was fantastic - a beautiful apartment right below the castle with amazing views over the old town and Petrin hill. It was a bit more expensive than where I'd been staying (and where I'm staying now) but worth it. After making sure Sophie got on the right bus to the airport I moved my stuff then met up with Tomas. We had a wonderful lunch in this place that my friend Petr and his wife Miriam (ex-students of mine) took Sophie and myself to on Friday night then wandered up to the Hrad and climbed the south tower of the cathedral - 287 steps!!! Before Tomas headed home we had to have some gelato of course, so we headed back into the old city to indulge ourselves!!!

I have the day to myself today, but am meeting up with Petr and Miriam this evening for dinner. I wish I could stay here longer, but my flight's tomorrow and my Dad will be waiting at the airport - my taxi service!!! I'd love to explore more of the Czech Republic - next time.