Thursday, May 10, 2007

Great News

Dhanushka got his visa! He was very nervous when I left for work this morning as he had to wait until 11 before he could call to find out the outcome of his application, but at 11.30 he called to give me the good news - the final hurdle now is getting a visa for the UK.

I also had some good news of my own today. This morning I had a practical driving test and - surprise, surprise - I passed! I'm glad the whole thing is over now as I was getting tired of visiting the Divisional Secretariat every couple of days. The test itself was very easy. All I had to do was reverse park and do a loop around the town. Of course I was the only one actually obeying the rules - the examiner spent most of the time laughing at how badly the road-users around me were driving!

Dhanushka has just got back from work (he has practical training twice a week) so I should make sure he's fed - I made dhal and gotu-kola mallung tonight.