Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A Visa Visit - Part Two

Have just got back from Colombo. Dhanushka went yesterday as he had to pick up his passport from the Netherlands' Embassy, but as I haven't been very well I decided to spend the day at home and caught the intercity express this morning.

I seem to have picked up some kind of virus and was off work all last week. I'm feeling much better today, but last week I felt shocking and didn't have the energy to do anything - just moving round the house took it out of me. One of the other teachers I work came down with something as well, so there was obviously something going around - I blame the a/c myself!

This morning Dhanushka had to hand in his application for a UK visa and should know the outcome by next week. Unfortunately while he was waiting to hand in the application I discovered that there was a mistake on the Schengen visa he'd been issued - instead of double entry he'd only been given single entry. So, after handing in his UK visa application we had to make a quick trip to the Netherlands' Embassy to explain the problem. At first they were trying to make it out that it was our fault, but when I pointed out the copy of our itinerary that I'd given them they admitted that they'd made a mistake and said that once Dhanushka got his passport back from the UK visa office they'd fix the problem.

Colombo was very hot and we were both quite happy to get on the train back to Kandy this afternoon. Back to work tomorrow.

The photograph is one I took the other evening from the balcony - not bad!!!