A Balmy Evening
Am sitting out on the balcony on a warm Saturday evening, watching the sunset. Am waiting now for the bats. Most evenings thousands of bats fly across the sky at sunset - an amazing sight.Nearly the end of the working week - and a 3-day weekend to look forward to! Wednesday is National Day here, so because I have a Monday/Tuesday weekend I'm lucky enough to have 3 days off. Kiya is arriving from Colombo tomorrow evening for a few days, so on Monday Maggie and I have decided to take her up to Rangala House in the Knuckles for a night and on Wednesday we've been invited to a bbq at Pamela and Sascha's place. It'll be interesting to see what Kiya thinks of Colombo. Yesterday lots of roads were closed because of preparation for the National Day celebrations, so the traffic was apparently worse than normal. I could never live in Colombo - not after living here in Kandy.
Went to the pool this afternoon after work as I finished at 2.30. It's the perfect way to end the day - especially when the weather is like it is at the moment. Hope it continues actually as I love this kind of weather. The lawn is looking a bit dry, but Sunil does an amazing job and keeps the garden looking wonderful.
It's starting to get dark and I can't really see what I'm doing anymore. Maggie has just joined me on the balcony - it's so beautiful out here this evening though that I don't want to go inside.

<< Home