Stormy Afternoon
Eid Mubharak. Today is Eid-al-Adha - the feast of the sacrifice - and according to the news millions of pilgrims have made the journey to Makkah to complete the Hajj. The son of one of my neighbours has gone this year.Not much to write about really as basically it's been work, work, work this past week. Thankfully in just over a week I'll be on holiday - am so looking forward to having a long break.
I was thinking about going for a swim this afternoon as it was bright and sunny this morning. Unfortunately as the day progressed it became more and more unsettled and in the end apart from going to the shop to get some bread I ended up spending the whole day at home.
I had a long chat to Mandy this afternoon. She's also really excited about our trip - we're going to have such a great time. The political crisis in Thailand seems to be over for the moment, although reading the news today, I don't think things have actually been resolved. Like me, at the height of the crisis Mandy was also really worried the other week, so we're both relieved that the airport has re-opened and that things are pretty much back to normal.
I also talked to Takako, who is now in the States. She's in D.C. - her and Dan have an apartment near Georgetown University. I can't quite believe that she's no longer in Japan and that next time I go there I won't be staying with her in Kayashima. Will just have to try and visit her in the States at some point.
I've been having lots of late nights this week - chatting! Last night I was up until after midnight chatting to Jiri - not sure how much sense I made given I'd spent the whole day at work yesterday examining! I'm not usually into chatting, but am really enjoying our 'conversations'. We have a good laugh.
It's all happening in Kandy this week as the new shopping complex that was supposed to have opened 3 years ago actually opened last week. It's not actually finished yet and only the supermarket is open at the moment, but it's pretty impressive. There are even escalators - the first in Kandy!!! It'll be interesting to see what other shops end up opening - what I'd really like is a café that has decent coffee...
Am feeling very sleepy. Have already prepared my classes for tomorrow, so thankfully I don't have to go in too early. I have to write reports though - will try and do them tomorrow morning before going in.

<< Home