Vesak
Have just got back from the town. As it's Vesak today Maggie and I decided to visit the temple and see the lanterns around the lake. Unfortunately there weren't many lanterns this year for some reason and we didn't manage to get into the temple, but we did get to see a mini-perahera.This morning I was awake at 6 as per usual, so I decided to go for an early morning swim. I did think about walking to the hotel and catching a bus back, but I wasn't sure if there'd be any buses, so decided to take the car. There was no-one else swimming when I got there, so I had the pool to myself. Not a bad way to spend the morning.
In the afternoon Maggie and I went round to Anneke's as she's heading home to the Netherlands in a couple of weeks and had organised a small get together. She's planning on spending the summer in the south of the Netherlands, so am hoping that we might get to catch up when I'm in Belgium.
Haven't really been up to much else as this week we had classes on Tuesday to make up for the fact that the centre is closed today. Can't really complain though as I do have 2 days off. Pity I have to work on Sunday though...

<< Home