Sunday, April 05, 2009

Off to the Czech Republic

Have just over an hour before the taxi arrives, so thought I'd write something about what I've been up to since Tuesday. I did think about driving down to Colombo at one point and leaving my car at Ruth's place, but in the end I decided that it would have been much too stressful - particularly after a day at work. I hate driving at night here as well, so it's better this way. Hopefully I can get a little bit of sleep on the way to the airport as I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight. My flight leaves at 0245 tomorrow morning and the flight to Dubai is only 4 1/2 hours, so I'm going to be exhausted by the time I get to the Czech Republic tomorrow afternoon.

Haven't really been up to much since Tuesday. Dhanushka was going to come over on Friday as I only had a class at 3 and had decided not to go in until later. In the end though, he had to work, so I had a lazy morning and afternoon here at home before going into to work. Yesterday and today I've been placement testing, which although not stressful is quite tiring. I so need this break. I've been really busy over the last couple of weeks, so am looking forward to relaxing for 10 days.

The photo is of the monkey Maggie and I came across in the botanical gardens just outside of Nuwara Eliya. It wasn't afraid of us at all - was quite happy munching away on all the flowers.

OK - next post from the Czech Republic.