End of Term
Nearly the end of term - only 5 days to go and 5 days until I head to the UK. Am actually leaving as soon as I finish teaching on Sunday afternoon - catching the train down to Colombo then heading out to the airport after hopefully catching up with a friend for dinner.Have a had a fairly quite weekend, although I had to go into work this morning as there was some stuff I didn't get done last week that I needed to do as I wasn't so well last week. Somehow though I managed to keep on going until the end of the week. I blame being in an air-conditioned environment all day! By Saturday I was feeling much better though, which is a good thing because on Saturday I have 2 kids classes and there's no way I could have survived 5 hours of little kids bouncing off the walls if I'd still been feeling as bad as I did on Thursday and Friday.
Yesterday morning Maggie and I went to the botanical gardens, so I thought I'd post a photo from there - although the photo was actually taken last month. It's of the Mahaveli River, which surrounds the gardens on 3 sides. I love going to the gardens - it's always so peaceful there and not so far from where I live.
I spoke to my Mum and Dad last night. My Mum is feeling a lot better, but still has to have some more tests as the tests she had last week haven't shown anything conclusive. She must be sick of being prodded and poked by now.
Time for bed. I always end up having too many late nights watching stuff on YouTube, so am making an effort to go to bed early this week.

<< Home