Perahera Season
Yes, it's that time of year again. I'm not sure if I'll go this year, although part of me feels that I should go - possibly on Saturday, which is the first eveing of the Randoli Perahera. Will see how I feel. Kandy has a great atmosphere during the Perahera and I love the pagentery of it, but of course the Perahera also always reminds me of Dhanushka as it was on the final evening of the Perahera 4 years ago that we first met.The British Council is closed for 2 days next week because of the Perahera, which means that we have 4-day weekend, so Maggie and I are thinking about going away, although we haven't quite worked out where yet. We were thinking about going to Yala National Park in the south-east, but Maggie has decided that it's a little too far. Would definitely like to go somewhere as I often never get out of Kandy during the term. In fact it seems that the only time I leave Kandy is when I go to the airport!
Spent a very relaxing afternoon and evening with Ewen and Padma yesterday. I was examining yesterday morning and had to get my car looked at (the clutch was playing up) so enjoying the wonderful views from their place was the perfect way to spend the afternoon and evening. Ewen and Padma have a very cute 5-month old dog, who quite happily kept us entertained.
I didn't feel like doing much today, but late morning managed to drag myself to the pool for a swim and ended up staying there for lunch as I didn't really feel like cooking. The pool is generally empty in the morning, so it's definitely the best time to go swimming.
Spoke to my Mum and Dad this afternoon. My Mum is feeling a lot better and has even put back on some of the weight she lost, which is good news as she lost over 15kg! She has to go back for her next session of chemo in 2 weeks time. Although it's still a couple of months off am looking forward to seeing them both at the end of September - just wish I could go sooner.

<< Home