Saturday, July 04, 2009

Belgium Bound

Am at St.Pancras station having a latte while waiting for my train to Bruxelles. Last time I took the Eurostar it was from the old station at Waterloo. St.Pancras is much more impressive - even though it might not be so central. Can't believe that in a few hours I'll be in Bruxelles.

Had a very relaxing stay in Oxford. Spend lots of time with Sophie and also managed to catch up with Amar. I still wish I had a couple of extra days as I could have spent the weekend in Oxford instead of rushing off to Belgium. Am still not happy about having to start work on a Sunday when all of us in Kandy have a Monday/Tuesday weekend - makes no sense.

Yesterday Carmine had the day off work, so Sophie and I basically had the day to ourselves. Sophie wanted to go back to the outdoor pool (which we went to on Wednesday afternoon), but because it was raining in the morning we decided to have lunch in town then went to see a film - Sunshine Cleaning. By late morning the sun had come out, so we could have actually gone swimming, but I don't get to go to the cinema in Kandy, so it was fun to see a film.

It looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Hopefully the good weather will continue as it makes being in Europe a real pleasure. I always forget just how beautiful the UK can be when the weather is good.

Better pay for my coffee as my train leaves soon and I have to clear immgration. Next stop Bruxelles!!!