Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Business Class

Am in London at the moment staying with Erica. Heading to Oxford tomorrow though and then to Belgium on Saturday, so unfortunately I don't really have any time to do anything in London, which is a shame.

It's actually surprisingly warm here at the moment - temperatures in the low 30s! Already people are complaining about how hot it is though, which always makes me laugh. A couple of days of temperatures above 25 and it's a heatwave!


Am not sure how I'm going to cope in economy on the way back to Sri Lanka. Being in business class actually made flying a real pleasure - particularly the flat-bed seat. Actually managed to get some sleep, which is a first. It was also great being picked up yesterday afternoon and driven to Erica's place. No messing around with public transport!!!

Sunday was hectic. As soon as I finished teaching at 2 I had to head to the train station for the train down to Colombo. In some ways it would have been easier to go straight to the airport from Kandy, but I wanted to see Ruth, so I had dinner at her place before heading to the airport. There's basically no traffic on Sunday evenings, so it didn't take very long to get out to the airport and as I was flying business class it took me about 5 minutes to check in.

Erica and I were talking about going into central London this evening as it's a perfect evening for being out and about. It's getting kind of late already though, so I'm not actually sure if we'll end up going out or not. Shozo has just woken up crying as well - apparently he's not feeling so well. I'm not actually sure if I've got enough energy to go out anyway - feeling pretty sleepy.