Relaxing after Work

Am sitting at home on the balcony drinking belimal tea, relaxing after a busy day at work. Unfortunately the monster mosquitoes may drive me inside - there are a couple of particularly massive ones who seem intent on partaking of my blood!
Have had the house to myself this afternoon as Maggie is still at work (although she'll be on her way home now) and Erez (the Israeli guy we met in Ella a couple of weeks ago) left for India today. Am actually a little jealous as last night he decided that instead of meeting up with a friend in Delhi he would stay at the airport tonight and fly to Leh in Ladakh tomorrow morning. I've always wanted to go to Ladakh and would have loved to have gone with him.
It's been great having Erez around - a break from our usual routine. I think Maggie was hoping that he would stay with us for a little longer, but I guess he wanted to be on his way. We actually have more visitors arriving tomorrow - friends of Maggie's from Colombo - so I'm not really sure where everyone would have slept if Erez had still been here.
I spoke to my Mum and Dad earlier in the week and apart from her hair falling out my Mum seems to be doing fine, which is good news. She said she had one day last weekend where she didn't feel so great, but apart from that she hasn't had any adverse effects from the chemotherapy this time around. Still no news about when she'll have the operation - hopefully she'll know more when she goes back to the oncologist at the end of the month.
Ealier in the week Maggie and I took Erez up to the giant Buddha, which sits serenly on one of the hills surrounding the centre of Kandy. It's a beautiful spot and the views from up there are amazing. Although the centre of Kandy is a bit chaotic at times, it's actually a really beautiful place - am so glad I'm here and not in Colombo.
No plans for this weekend as I'm examining on Monday. Will probably end up staying at home on Tuesday - or going to the pool. The weather has been a bit unpredictable this week. It was pouring when I went into work this morning, but has been beautiful this afternoon, so who knows what the weather will be like on Tuesday. Am thinking about going away the following weekend though - want to make the most of any full weekends I have.
Have had the house to myself this afternoon as Maggie is still at work (although she'll be on her way home now) and Erez (the Israeli guy we met in Ella a couple of weeks ago) left for India today. Am actually a little jealous as last night he decided that instead of meeting up with a friend in Delhi he would stay at the airport tonight and fly to Leh in Ladakh tomorrow morning. I've always wanted to go to Ladakh and would have loved to have gone with him.
It's been great having Erez around - a break from our usual routine. I think Maggie was hoping that he would stay with us for a little longer, but I guess he wanted to be on his way. We actually have more visitors arriving tomorrow - friends of Maggie's from Colombo - so I'm not really sure where everyone would have slept if Erez had still been here.
I spoke to my Mum and Dad earlier in the week and apart from her hair falling out my Mum seems to be doing fine, which is good news. She said she had one day last weekend where she didn't feel so great, but apart from that she hasn't had any adverse effects from the chemotherapy this time around. Still no news about when she'll have the operation - hopefully she'll know more when she goes back to the oncologist at the end of the month.
Ealier in the week Maggie and I took Erez up to the giant Buddha, which sits serenly on one of the hills surrounding the centre of Kandy. It's a beautiful spot and the views from up there are amazing. Although the centre of Kandy is a bit chaotic at times, it's actually a really beautiful place - am so glad I'm here and not in Colombo.
No plans for this weekend as I'm examining on Monday. Will probably end up staying at home on Tuesday - or going to the pool. The weather has been a bit unpredictable this week. It was pouring when I went into work this morning, but has been beautiful this afternoon, so who knows what the weather will be like on Tuesday. Am thinking about going away the following weekend though - want to make the most of any full weekends I have.

<< Home