Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Apologies

Yet again I have to apologise for not having written in so long. For some reason I haven't really felt like writing since I got home just over 2 weeks ago.

I can't actually believe that it's been over 2 weeks now since I got back from Perth - and that I'll be back in Perth in just over 7 weeks. The first week back here was really tough as work was really full on, but now that I'm back into a routine I'm feeling much happier and it is great to be back in my own home.

I haven't been up to much - just the usual really. It's raining this evening, but last week the weather was perfect. Have been trying to go out walking at least 3 mornings a week, something I really enjoy. This morning the valley was full of mist and walking along Riverdale Rd - where I used to live - the sun's rays trying to penetrate through the mist was quite beautiful.

I spoke to my Mum and Dad this evening. My Mum had another session of chemotherapy on Monday, so she was feeling a bit run down today. Apart from that she seems to be doing really well and the results of the blood test she had on Monday were positive. She has one more session of chemotherapy next month then will just have to have monthly blood tests to monitor how she's doing. Hopefully by the time I go back to Perth she'll be feeling a lot better.

Last week I had some very sad news from Philip - that Denis's grandmother had died. I only met her a couple of times, but she seemed very sweet, so it was very sad to hear that she'd passed away - particularly as Denis is really close to his grandparents. Denis mentioned when we were all in Perth that his grandmother hadn't been very well, so in some ways it wasn't a complete surprise.

It was great catching up with everyone in Perth and although I think my Mum got quite tired, she was really happy that we were all there. Kaori's little boy, Keigo, had a great time and didn't want to go home. He was so upset that he was crying in the car on the way to the airport! I'm just really happy that we could all make it to Perth at the same time.

Am hoping to have an early night as I've been staying up quite late recently. Probably won't happen though - it never does!!!