Reunion
My second day in San Francisco. A friend of mine and Dan's, who also used to live in Japan, arrived this afternoon, so we're having a full on reunion. The only person missing is the gorgeous Phanindra (and Phanindra if you're reading this get your arse on a plane over here!) Dan and Steve were both busy today, so I went out to the airport to meet Guy. Was a little strange heading back to the airport 2 days after arriving and since it's been 10 years since I last saw Guy I wasn't sure if I'd remember what he looked like, but we recognised each other straight away and managed to deal with the intricacies of the BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit!) ticketing system and get back to Dan and Steve's place without too many problems. Guy flew in from London, so he's feeling like I felt on Tuesday, so I don't think we'll have too late a night.
I really like San Francisco. Have done the tourist thing and have ridden the cable cars - they're very cool - and have basically been exploring the city over the past 2 days. Yesterday afternoon I went out to a place called Land's End, from where there are amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge and the surrounding coast. There was no fog yesterday, so the views were great - not such great views today though. This morning I walked up to Telegraph Hill, one of the highest points in the city, for a very fog-shrouded view of the city. The city looked amazing with buildings and the Bay Bridge looming out of the fog - might have to go back there when there are better views though.
Time to head out for dinner. I cooked for Dan & Steve last night, so we're going out tonight.

<< Home