Friday, September 24, 2004

More News from Pakistan

Spoke to Qurban last night. He's doing well and apart from managing to pick up an eye infection is enjoying being with his family again. It was funny actually because he said that he'd tried to call me on Wednesday - problem was he thought that Sydney was 5 hours behind Pakistan when in actual fact Sydney is 5 hours ahead. So when he tried to call me I was probably asleep and I never leave my mobile on overnight. No way I'm going to be woken up by the stupid thing ringing or beeping. Will call him again before I leave next week.
Have been invited to see a play tonight. My friend Catherine is a subscriber at the Belvoir St Theatre in Surry Hills and the friend she usually goes with can't go tonight, so she asked me if I'd like to go with her. No idea what the play is, but hey...
It's going to be a busy weekend. There are lots of films I want to see - a Korean film 'Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring', a new Australian documentary about refugees and a Greek film that's had really good reviews. Kirsten and Jon are coming up from Canberra as well. Was supposed to have next Monday and Tuesday off, but this morning my boss asked if I could teach on Monday. Would actually prefer to have the day off, but they need me and the extra money is very welcome.