Saturday, October 02, 2004

Airports

What is it about airports. Lots of people hanging around with nothing really to do and long flights ahead of them. Managed to find a free internet service, so I thought I'd while away the time before my flight checking my mail and updating my blog - which is what I'm doing now!

Am really tired. Didn't get to sleep until very late last night and woke up really early. I never sleep very well the night before I leave for somewhere - too much going through my mind. Got to the airport very early and got my window seat. Hopefully there'll be something to look at - at the moment it's pouring down with rain outside, so I don't think there'll be much chance of any views of the Harbour Bridge and Opera House as the flight departs Sydney.

Caught up with Kirsten and Jon againe last night. They're heading back to Canberra today. I wish they lived in Sydney (and in the house they'd rented - very nice) suppose I'll just have to go down to Canberra when I get back. Also caught up with Suzanne - decided a pre-departure dosa at Maya was in order. Managed to get very lost after dropping Suzanne off though - am not used to having a car and having to know where I'm going. Especially not on a rainy Friday evening.

Spoke to Mr.Qurban. He's doing well and sleeping a lot. His sister is sick though and he may have to take her to Karachi for some tests. Something about her kidneys. I can't wait to see him again at the end of the month. Qurban said that his mother keeps trying to arrange a marriage for him, even though he keeps telling her that he's not interested in getting married. Maybe he should tell them that he's gay!

Well - suppose I should have show some compassion and stop hogging the computer. Next update from Tokyo.