Monday, October 04, 2004

Rain, Rain Go Away

I can't belive it's been raining since I arrived in Tokyo. Today Eriko was at work, so I went into central Tokyo by myself, but the weather got me down and I decided to come back to Eriko's place early. Tokyo is so grey when it rains - I'd forgotten just how grey. Tomorrow I'm off to San Francisco though and according the weather forecast it's going to be sunny there, which I'm very happy about.
It really feels like I never left Japan, which is a very strange feeling. I'd forgotten how much Japan is a part of who I am and how much some things here really irritate me. The same things that irritated me when I lived here irritate me now. Eriko and I had a long talk about life and where we're heading as we sat in Starbucks Omotesando (yes - I know, Starbucks. Coffee is often not that great in Japan and let me tell you Starbucks is a big improvement on the stuff most places serve - ugh!). Can't believe that it's been 12 years since Eriko and I met. Yesterday we talked about getting married as Eriko wants to study in the UK. I don't mind marrying her - just depends how strict there are re visas for spouses and whether they'd question our marriage.
Spoke briefly to Qurban last night. It's very expensive to call Pakistan from here, so I only spoke to him for a few minutes. He seems to be doing well and said he would call me when he gets back to Sydney on the 20th. Would have been great if he could have come to Japan with me...
Ok - time for my bath. I love Japanese baths - something about Japan that I really miss when I'm not here.