The George and John Show
Hard to believe, sitting here in Sydney on a beautiful spring afternoon, that we have another 3 years of John Howard and 4 years of George Bush ahead of us. Last night I avoided watching TV because I didn't want to think about the possibilty of Dubya being re-elected, but when I picked up the newspaper this morning it was all over the front page of course and I suppose I had to face the depressing news at some point. I just spoke to my friends who I stayed with in San Francisco and they said that they just can't believe it. Steve said that he feels like he doesn't understand half of the American people and what's going on in their minds - exactly how I feel about the situation here. I just don't understand how people could have re-elected the Coalition again.
On a more positive note, last night Qurban came over as he wanted my help with a statement he has to write for his wive's visa application and after finishing it we went out for dinner together. We had a really long talk about what's happened and both expressed how much we express each other's friendship and how it important our friendship is for both of us. He's a very sweet guy and last night reminded me of why I fell for him, but I can move on now - especially knowing that we'll remain close friends.
Time to go and meet my Swiss friend Moreno (who arrived on Monday evening) for a well-deserved gelato from our favourite gelateria at Circular Quay. Buonissimo!

<< Home