Thursday, October 21, 2004

Romantic Moments

Thought that might get everyone's attention! Takako and I went for a walk around Osaka castle this afternoon on the way home and were joking about romantic it was. Next to the castle is a 'river' and we were joking that it was like the Seine in Paris - if we ignored the huge factory and all the ugly, concrete buildings.
So I'm back at Takako's after 3 days with some other friends. It was great to see them again and as always they spoilt me. For 3 days I haven't spoken any English, so I'm finding as I write this that I'm having problems finding the write expressions and often find myself thinking in Japanese. There are some things that are so much easier to say in Japanese than in English. While I was at my friends' place I also discovered that I can input in Japanese on my computer, so I spent 2 or 3 hours trying to work out how it works.
Yesterday a severe typhoon hit Japan. Osaka wasn't too badly affected, but there was a lot of damage in other parts of Japan. Here in Osaka it just rained a lot and as the typhoon got closer the wind began to pick up. Luckily this morning the weather cleared up as tomorrow Takako and I are off hiking with another teacher I used to work with. We're going to climb Mt.Kongo, which is the highest mountain in Osaka. Hopefully the weather will be as good tomorrow as it was today.