Winding Up
The last few days at work before I leave for Perth. Am sitting at home marking reports. Man – they’re fucking with my mind. I know how difficult it is to write in a foreign language – particularly academic work – but reading some of the stuff my students write is painful. I should get paid extra – ha ha!
Off on an excursion tomorrow, so I’m hoping to get all the reports marked tonight so I have nothing left to do. Am fading quickly though and might leave the last one until the morning when I’m feeling fresh. I was actually supposed to be having dinner with Qurban tonight, but he called to say that he was feeling really tired. Poor boy is working so hard at the moment. I know I’m only going away for a week, but it feels like I’m going away for a lot longer.
Last night I had dinner with Catherine and Suzanne at the Maya (yes again) the after dinner met up with Judith and her son Ben to see the latest Bollywood blockbuster – ‘Swades – We the people’. It was OK. Not as good as ‘Lagaan’ but then ‘Lagaan’ is a hard act to follow and in many ways is not your average Bollywood film. ‘Swades’ had all the Bollywood elements – including some hilarious dance sequences and some very cheesy lines. One of the dance sequences reminded me of in ‘Lagaan’ where the villagers enacted Lord Krishna with the gopis. In ‘Swades’ they enacted the Ramayana where Lord Ram and Lakshmana rescue Sita from the evil clutches of Ravana who has kidnapped her and taken her to Lanka. Was very tired by the end though – a very late night.
No news about Anina’s baby. I spoke to her Dad this afternoon and he informed me that Anina had gone to the hospital to have some tests, but as of now the baby is still waiting to put in its appearance. A Christmas baby perhaps?
Off on an excursion tomorrow, so I’m hoping to get all the reports marked tonight so I have nothing left to do. Am fading quickly though and might leave the last one until the morning when I’m feeling fresh. I was actually supposed to be having dinner with Qurban tonight, but he called to say that he was feeling really tired. Poor boy is working so hard at the moment. I know I’m only going away for a week, but it feels like I’m going away for a lot longer.
Last night I had dinner with Catherine and Suzanne at the Maya (yes again) the after dinner met up with Judith and her son Ben to see the latest Bollywood blockbuster – ‘Swades – We the people’. It was OK. Not as good as ‘Lagaan’ but then ‘Lagaan’ is a hard act to follow and in many ways is not your average Bollywood film. ‘Swades’ had all the Bollywood elements – including some hilarious dance sequences and some very cheesy lines. One of the dance sequences reminded me of in ‘Lagaan’ where the villagers enacted Lord Krishna with the gopis. In ‘Swades’ they enacted the Ramayana where Lord Ram and Lakshmana rescue Sita from the evil clutches of Ravana who has kidnapped her and taken her to Lanka. Was very tired by the end though – a very late night.
No news about Anina’s baby. I spoke to her Dad this afternoon and he informed me that Anina had gone to the hospital to have some tests, but as of now the baby is still waiting to put in its appearance. A Christmas baby perhaps?

<< Home