Heart of the Nation
Thought I'd go with something a little bit different today after all the pictures from Sri Lanka I've posted. Yes - it's a picture of me being a tourist!!! On Tuesday afternoon after work I went to see film with Judith and her Mum and while Judith and I were waiting for Judith's Mum to arrive I decided to get Judith to take some pictures of me. I don't have many pictures of myself and thought I needed a few to prove that I actually do live in Sydney (can't get any more Sydney than the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House!)The film we went to see - a new Australian film called 'Little Fish' - was very bleak, but fantastic. A very frank portrayal of suburban Australia about how the past influences the present and how people struggle to reconcile their pasts with who they are. The performances were outstanding - particularly Cate Blanchett as the main protaganist Tracy - I could really feel her pain and depair at not being able to shake her past. Hugo Weaving was excellent as well. One to check out.
This afternoon I'm off to Canberra - the heart of the nation! - to stay with Kirsten, Jon and Sofie for the long weekend. I'm not working today, which actually works out really well as I can get an earlier bus and arrive in Canberra in time to meet Kirsten when she finishes work. Kirsten was telling me that it was very cold down in Canberra yesterday, but I've just been looking at the weather forecast and it's supposed to be quite warm the whole weekend. Perfect.
It's been quite a busy week. Wednesday after work I made my way to Bellevue Hill to see the lovely Anina and little Mia. Although the weather wasn't so great Anina and I decided that we'd got to the beach anyway as planned, so we drove down to Bronte. Mia wasn't so taken with the sand so we ended up sitting on the grass back from the beach, but it great to be outside after a day at work. I was very naughty on the way home. My travel pass had expired and I only had a return ticket to the city, but because there are no ticket barriers at any of the stations near where I live I decided there was no point buying another ticket from the city to Newtown or Erskineville. I actually tried to buy a return ticket from Newtown to Bondi Junction in the city, but the guy at the ticket office said it wasn't possible, so I don't feel so bad. The funniest thing was yesterday in class in one of the activities we were doing there was a question about using public transport without a ticket...
Anyway - it's already 10.30 and I need to sort out what I'm taking to Canberra and have some lunch before I head into the city to get the bus.

<< Home