Thursday, October 27, 2005

California Dreamin'

No need for California dreamin' with the weather as it is in Sydney at the moment! Yesterday in class we were talking about the Mamas & Papas, so this morning I downloaded the lyrics to 'California Dreamin' and 'Dream a Little Dream of Me', created two gap-fill exercises (gotta love the gap-fill!) and the Cambridge class became the sing-along-with-Ian class! Actually the Cambridge class I have at the moment is great and we have a lot of fun. I'm very easily side-tracked and they know it. I always have all these activities planned, but inevitably at the end of the day there are some things we haven't got round to doing. Not that it really matters.

Am feeling very tired this evening. I was planning (as is often the case) to have an early night yesterday, but I ended up on the phone to Takako (hi Takako) and didn't end up getting to be until quite late. The combination of late nights and early mornings is not a good one - all I can say is bring on Sunday!!! Sunday is the beginning of summer time, so from Sunday hopefully I'll be able to sleep in til 6 instead of always waking up some time after 5, which is what is happening at the moment. Yesterday I went to visit Anina and Mia and Anina was telling me that Mia is also waking up very early - not something Anina and Mario are very happy about.

Had another lovely afternoon with Anina and Mia. Had a good chat with Anina while Mia was asleep then once she woke up the three of us went to the park. On the way home I had a craving for a dosai, so I stopped off in Surry Hills. Am taking my students to Maya after class tomorrow for lunch - lunch on a Friday seems to have become a regular occurance with this class.

Tuesday evening I decided to take advantage of $8 Tuesdays at Hoyts and dragged myself up to Broadway to see 'Pride and Prejudice'. I really liked it. It's had mixed reviews, but in many ways I enjoyed it more than the BBC version. I don't like Colin Firth, so I didn't have any problems with someone else playing Mr.Darcy. The cinematography was fantastic and I though overall it felt more authentic. Tomorrow in class - keeping with the Indian feel - I'm going to use 'Bride and Prejudice', which I love. Yes, it's completely over the top, but that's what it's all about.