Sunday, October 09, 2005

Castle in the Sky

Last night I finally got around to watching 'Laputa: Castle in the Sky', which was on TV on Wednesday evening. Hayao Miyazaki's films are always amazing - so vivid and imaginative. I loved 'Spirited Away' and 'Princess Mononoke' and although I've heard from various people that it's not quite as good I can't wait to see 'Howl's Moving Castle'. This Wednesday SBS is showing 'Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind' - will definitely have to watch it or remember to record it.

Am having a very lazy weekend. I was going to go for a walk yesterday afternoon, but in the end I decided I couldn't be bothered so I watched a very harrowing programme about the Nazi's final solution, which I recorded the other night, and did some reading. Am supposed to be catching up with Qurban and Munazza today, but if I don't hear from Qurban I might go for a walk. Ramadan started last week, so going out for something to eat or drink is out of the question.

Thought I'd post a self-portrait today. I took this picture on Friday while I was waiting for a train at Erskineville station.