Miyazaki Masterpieces
I took this picture from the room my Mum and Dad were staying in when they stayed in Sydney last weekend. I don't often get the chance to see Sydney from so high up and I was fascinated trying to spot various landmarks. The ugly brown building on the left is UTS (University of Technology of Sydney) and actually somewhere in the distance is where I live.Watched another Miyazaki Hayao film - 'Kaze no Tani no Naushica (Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind)', which I recorded last Wednesday. His films are always really amazing and I'm really excited that a number of his films are being shown on television here. Tonight 'Kiki no Takkyubin (Kiki's Delivery Service)' is on, which I'm going to tape.
As I write this I'm watching a very interesting current affairs programme about the plight of the Hmong in Lao. The Hmong aided the US with their secret war in Lao at the same time as the Vietnam War and are still persecuted by the Lao government today. It's very sad that US has basically just washed their hands of the Hmong and that no-one knows about their plight. Unfortunately not an uncommon situation.

<< Home