Road Trip
Am off on a road trip tomorrow - three days in Yosemite National Park. I picked up the rental car this afternoon and managed to get back to Dan and Steve's without killing anyone or causing a major accident! Having an automatic (standard here as people don't seem to like driving manuals) makes driving on the opposite side of the road a little easier - one less thing to worry about.Am hoping to get away fairly early tomorrow morning a) so I can spend as much time as possible in Yosemite and b) to avoid the traffic, which Dan said gets bad very early. Have been looking at some maps and have basically worked out which way I have to go.
Yesterday I did a of walking and was at the Golden Gate Bridge in time for what was a beautiful sunset. Earlier in the week there was some fog in the morning, but yesteday and today were perfect in terms of the weather. The fog is very strange. It seems like it's going to rain, but never does and it can come in pretty quickly.
Dan and Steve were supposed to be going to Colorado to a wedding, but unfortunately Steve found out at the beginning of the week that his Dad is really ill, so he's heading to Philadelphia tomorrow and Dan is going to visit his Mum in Florida. I actually haven't seen that much of them as they've both been at work, but I'm quite happy doing my own thing.

<< Home