More Verandah Days
I've actually managed to leave the verandah over the past few days, but since Philip, Denis and I are sitting in the verandah at the moment I thought I was justified continuing the verandah theme.On Monday afternoon Philip and I went for a drive in the Ardennes - a very beautiful part of Belgium just south of Liege. We went to la Roche en Ardennes and the - supposedly - smallest town in the world, Durbuy. Denis' Mum's family have a country cottage near Durbuy, so we stopped off there as well on the way home as Philip had to pick up a few things and wanted to get some apples.
Yesterday I decided to go to Bruxelles for the day. I was thinking about going to Namur, but Philip and Denis convinced me not to go. Bruxelles hasn't changed that much - la Grand Place is still teeming with tourists and there's still lots of chocolate shops! - and I had a very pleasant day wandering around taking photographs. It's only an hour by train from Liege, so the journey isn't too bad.
Tomorrow I'm off to San Francisco. I have to get up very early, which I'm not looking forward to, as I have to take the train to Bruxelles airport and my flight to London is at 10. It's going to be a long day.

<< Home