Paris
Am feeling museumed out after visiting la Musee du Louvre yesterday, so I think for the next few days I'm going to avoid going to any museums. The Louvre is an amazing place, but there's way too much to see in one visit and too many people swarming everywhere to really appreciate some of the works. The museum was open until late last night, which I took advantage of, although I did had two long breaks for lunch and dinner, otherwise I would have been completely overwhelmed.When I arrived on Thursday I was still feeling worn out from helping Philip and Denis moving their funrniture and yesterday morning I actually slept in until 8am, which is a minor miracle given that I usually never sleep in.
Where I'm staying is perfect. I have a huge room with a balcony and the woman whose apartment it is is lovely. I much prefer doing this than staying in some cheap hotel or worse having to share a room in a hostel.
Haven't really decided what I'm going to do today - will see how I feel after breakfast. The weather wasn't so great yesterday, but it's supposed to be better for the rest of my stay.

<< Home