Saturday, October 14, 2006

Verandah Days

Since I got back from Paris on Thursday evening I seem to be spending most of my time on the enclosed verandah. Today I managed to find the energy and will to go outside, but yesterday I spent the whole day indoors - chatting to Philip, looking at completely random videos on YouTube and having a nap on the sofa in the warm afternoon sun. Given how much walking I did while I was in Paris I think I deserve to do very little for a few days!!!

Last night a friend of Denis' - Christophe - came over, so Philip and I prepared a Sri Lankan feast - including banana flower salad, which Dhanushka's Grandmother taught me how to make. In Paris browsing in one of the grocery stores in the Tamil quartier I came across banana flowers, which I didn't think I'd be able to find in Europe. So, along with a few other things I bought one to bring back with me. We didn't have freshly grated coconut, but it tasted pretty good.

Am not sure what my plans are for the rest of my stay here. On Thursday, though, I head to San Francisco. Am not really looking forward to the journey as it's via London and I have to get from Liege to Bruxelles airport. Still am looking forward to seeing Dan and Steve again.

The photo is a self-portrait taken on the Thalys coming back from Paris.