Monday, September 10, 2007

DELTA Blues

It's been a pretty crazy week, but now that I've got the 2500-word assignment in that I had to write I'm feeling a bit more in control.

As well as the assignment I've had 2 observed lessons to plan for - one more to go, which is assessed. Usually I wouldn't get so stressed out about lesson planning, but when there are 5 people - including my course tutor - in the back of the room watching what you're doing there's a certain level of pressure.

My lessons have actually been fine - just need to work on timing as trying to get through everything that's needed in a DELTA lesson in 60 minutes is tough. Hopefully my final observed lesson on Wednesday will be fine.

After spending all evening yesterday working on my assignment, this afternoon I decided to go for a long walk. I'm only here for 2 weeks and I don't want to spend all of that 2 weeks in the classroom. On Saturday morning I'm heading up to the North-East to see my Grandma and catch up with my Mum and Dad for a couple of days before heading back to Sri Lanka, so I don't have that much time left in London.

On the weekend I went up to Oxford. Sophie, Carmine and Grace were in the process of moving into what will be their home for the next 6 months, so they were a little stressed out, but it was great to see them again and Grace was very happy to see me. Carmine took me round to see their house - strange to imagine that not that long ago Dhanushka and I were staying with them there. From the outside the house looks fine, but inside downstairs has been gutted. Hopefully they'll be able to move back in some time at the beginning of next year.

I also managed to catch up with Amar while I was in Oxford and yesterday when I eventually got back to London (problems with the trains!) I also caught up with Michael, who is on another of his journeys around the world. With some other friends of his we ended up at the Tate Modern for lunch and just after we'd finished the fire alarms went off and we ended up being evacuated! All very exciting.

I suppose I should think about preparing for my lesson on Wednesday - having an early night is much more tempting though!!!