Tuesday, July 24, 2007

In Transit Again

At Dubai airport - waiting for our flight back to Sri Lanka. Dhanushka has gone shopping as he has to take sweets back for pretty much the whole village, so I thought I'd catch up on my mail and do some preparation for my first class - tomorrow morning!

As we were flying from Dusseldorf, we spent the day in Koln yesterday. The weather wasn't that great and, although the Cathedral was impressive I can't say I was that taken with Koln. A lot of the city was destroyed during WWII, so although there are some old buildings the city lacks the atmosphere of other European cities. Still I'm happy that Dhanushka got the opportunity to see some of Germany.

I'm really not in the mood for going back to work tomorrow - would be nice to have a few days to get back into the swing of things. That would have meant having less time in Europe, though. I have a few ideas about what to do tomorrow - getting to know you activities should fill in some of the time!!! I actually have 2 classes tomorrow, but have a break between them, so should be able to prep for the other class after I've had some lunch. I still can't quite believe we're on our way back to Sri Lanka.