Monday, August 27, 2007

An Unexpected Long Weekend

Another superb sunset - when I came out of the shower the sky had a greenish tinge - quite something. There are days when I find work gets me down - not the teaching per se, but the politics - but when I get home I always feel re-energised. It's great to have such a wonderful to place to come back to - a sanctuary of sorts.

Was supposed to be examining today, but yesterday afternoon I got a call from one of the examinations services staff to let me know that because a bomb had been found on the same street not far from the British Council it had been decided to close the Council until the end of the Perahera. As the Council is going to be closed on Wednesday because of the so called 'day' Perahera I now have an unexpected, but much-welcome 3-day weekend!!!

Dhanushka's grandparents and one of his cousins are staying with us now, but they've gone to see the Perahera, so I have the house to myself. Am still trying to decide if I'm going to go tomorrow - will see how I feel. I don't really feel like spending hours waiting around, but I feel like I should go for the final evening. I just don't know if I have the energy.