Saturday, September 01, 2007

Final Preparations

Have just finished packing and am basically ready for my journey to London tomorrow. It's been a busy 3 days - trying to sort everything out for the course as well as teach. I could have done with a few days off, but there wasn't much chance of that happening.

I'm getting picked up at 7 tomorrow morning, so should be at the airport in plenty of time for my flight, which leaves just after 1pm. I was planning on taking a bus to the airport, but discovered on Friday that the British Council is going to pay for a vehicle to take me and to pick me up when I arrive. If only I could have convinced them that I need to travel business class...

This evening after work Dhanushka and I had dinner with Alison and Martin. They have a beautiful place right by the Mahaveli River - very peaceful with fantastic views. I said that they could have the car while I'm away. Dhanushka can't drive, so there didn't seem much point in it sitting in the garage.

Tomorrow is going to be a very long day, so it's time to get some rest.