Thursday, June 12, 2008

Life Post-DELTA

It's been just over a week now since I finished the DELTA and slowly I feel like life is returning to some sense of normality.

My first DELTA-free weekend was pretty low key and luckily there was no examining on, so I had 2 whole days to relax. Monday I spent most of the day at home, apart from an early morning walk to the shops to get the bits and pieces I needed for lunch. Tuesday I decided to head into town to explore the forest reserve behind the Temple (which despite living in Kandy for nearly 1 1/2 years I hadn't visited) then went for a swim before meeting Pamela and Sascha for a long, lazy lunch. The reserve is extensive and as it was a weekday morning there was basically no-one around, so I had the place to myself. There were wonderful views over the lake and town - am definitely planning on spending some more time in there exploring some of the smaller trails.

Off to Japan in a couple of weeks - very exciting. I can't wait to see all my friends there again - it's been 4 years since my last visit. I also had an e-mail from Kiya the other day confirming that she's coming to visit me again a few days after I get back from Japan. It'll be great to see her again - have already told the exams staff that I won't be available to examine at the end of July, so Kiya and I can go off exploring. Can't wait.