DELTA Denial
I'm officially in denial. Have done no DELTA-related work over the past 2 days and have zero motivation. I have my final assessed lesson - which is externally assessed - next Friday and have done very little work on that or the extended assignment I have to complete by the end of the month. At least I had a good weekend!
One of the Colombo teachers who's interested in applying for one of the two co-ordinator posts that are going to be created here in Kandy came up for a couple of days. Yesterday after showing her around the centre we decided to have lunch at the hotel where I go swimming and then of course ended up lazing by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Lunch was excellent and a steal with the 15% discount I get on food. Will definitely be lunching there more often in the future - especially once I'm done with the DELTA!
This morning we went to the botanical gardens in Peradeniya - 5km west of Kandy. It's a very pleasant spot on weekdays when it's not over-run with families and couples and we spent a couple of hours strolling around - at one point watching a group of monkeys devouring some jack fruit. Unfortunately we didn't think about taking anything for lunch, so ended up heading into the town to get something to eat - would have been much more pleasant to have a picnic in the garden.
On Saturday I had my first experience teaching the really little ones - covering one of the 6-8 year old classes. It was a lot of fun - reading them a story - My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes - the getting them to colour in a cat before making cat cards with sentences inside. They seem to love it and although I was a bit nervous, it was fine. This Saturday I have lots of DELTA-related work to do.
Time to eat - bean and potato curry and some dhal from Sunday evening.
One of the Colombo teachers who's interested in applying for one of the two co-ordinator posts that are going to be created here in Kandy came up for a couple of days. Yesterday after showing her around the centre we decided to have lunch at the hotel where I go swimming and then of course ended up lazing by the pool for the rest of the afternoon. Lunch was excellent and a steal with the 15% discount I get on food. Will definitely be lunching there more often in the future - especially once I'm done with the DELTA!
This morning we went to the botanical gardens in Peradeniya - 5km west of Kandy. It's a very pleasant spot on weekdays when it's not over-run with families and couples and we spent a couple of hours strolling around - at one point watching a group of monkeys devouring some jack fruit. Unfortunately we didn't think about taking anything for lunch, so ended up heading into the town to get something to eat - would have been much more pleasant to have a picnic in the garden.
On Saturday I had my first experience teaching the really little ones - covering one of the 6-8 year old classes. It was a lot of fun - reading them a story - My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes - the getting them to colour in a cat before making cat cards with sentences inside. They seem to love it and although I was a bit nervous, it was fine. This Saturday I have lots of DELTA-related work to do.
Time to eat - bean and potato curry and some dhal from Sunday evening.

<< Home