Car-less
I'm officially car-less! Yesterday I managed (with the help of the wonderful Kanchana) to get a mechanic to come out and look at the car. Although he initially thought it was a fairly minor problem, it turns out that the problem is quite serious and is going to cost me quite a bit to get repaired. What to do? Because the mechanic doesn't speak much English I'm not sure what the exact problem is - will have to wait until I speak to Kanchana tomorrow. I just hope it doesn't take too long to repair.This morning I had some writing papers to mark, so I walked into town. I enjoy the walk - particularly along Riverdale Rd - but the problem is walking to work takes a lot longer and in the afternoon it often rains. I'll just have to catch a three-wheeler home.
Have actually managed to do quite a bit of reading for my next DELTA assignment and have a vague idea what I might do for the assessed lesson. I wasn't feeling particularly motivated earlier in the week (it's always hard after a break) but am feeling much more positive now. I've also been feeling quite lonely since Mandy left and have been missing Dhanushka a lot. A little while ago I was looking at some of the photos I took in Europe when I was there in 2006 and seeing all the amazing places I've been to and all my friends and family reminded me just how lucky I am and how silly Dhanushka is for throwing it all away.
I borrowed a film this afternoon on my way home from work - Flags of Our Fathers. I remember reading about it when I was in San Francisco in 2006 and heard good things about it. I haven't watched a film in a while - a treat this evening for all my hard work.

<< Home