Saturday, May 17, 2008

Relief

It's such a sense of relief - knowing that the externally assessed lesson is over. Thursday evening I was in a real panic, as at the last minute I decided to change part of the lesson - a wise decision as it turns out. Yesterday morning though, I was remarkably calm and the lesson went well. There are definitely still areas I need to work on, but I managed to achieve all the main aims and there were no major dramas, so I feel good about it. As it was externally assessed lesson I don't get any feedback, which is a real shame. It'd be nice to go what the assessor thought was good and what he thought I needed to work on. I only have the extended assignment and the exam to go now - then it's all over. I still have lots of work to do on my extended assignment, but as long as I do some work each day I'll be fine.

Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to visit Dhanushka's family for a couple of days for Vesak. In some ways I don't really want to go, as I have a lot of work to do and I'm also nervous about seeing his family again, given that we're no longer together, but they'll be really upset if I don't go. I spoke to Dhanushka earlier in the week to make sure he was OK with me going to see his family. In the end it's my decision, but I don't want to cause problems between him and his family.

It was upsetting hearing Dhanushka's voice on Tuesday - even more so because of the stress I've been under finishing off this lesson. Am trying to really strong, but there are times when I really miss him - which is only natural. Am really glad I've got this trip to Japan to look forward to - something to keep me going.

I suppose I should finish off this post-lesson evaluation I have to write. I've become an expert at procrastinating since I began the DELTA!!!