Ya Habibi
Have been listening to Natacha Atlas over the past few days and can't get the songs out of my mind. Suppose it could be worse - could be some trashy, innocuous pop song!
Am playing travel agent at the moment. For those of you who I haven't already told Qurban had news of his family - the first in 5 years! - and is planning a trip to Quetta, Pakistan to see them. He's so excited about seeing them again - now it's just a matter of working out the best way of him getting there. Australia to Pakistan is quite complicated and involves various connections in various south-east asian cities. Spent most of my non-class time yesterday investigating fares and schedules on the internet and came in early this morning to do some more investigation. I'm being professionally developed today, but am finding it hard to concentrate. Much more important things to think about!
Wednesday night I went to see 'Mononoke no Hime'. I didn't even know it was on and although I saw it on DVD chez Philip et Denis I decided to go and see it again. It's such a beautiful film. There's a whole bunch of new films that have started over the past few weeks - don't know how I'm going to fit them all in.
Tonight I'm off to the theatre - a Bollywood version of 'The Twelvth Night'! It's on at the Bondi Pavillion down at Bondi Beach and should be really interesting. Am going with my friend Cath, who's just come back from 10 days in Shanghai.
Well - Judith is hassling me so it's back to being professionally developed. Looks like I'm working on Monday next week, so look out for a new post then. Have a good weekend everyone.

<< Home