Bollywood
Yes - finally - the end of the working week. I still have 3 more hours of class before I can make good my escape, but I already feel like the weekend is here. Can smell it in the air!
This is going to be a very quick post as I have to be back in class in a few minutes. A very busy weekend ahead of me. Tonight I'm going out for dinner (and later to karaoke!) with some people from work. Shopping for a notebook and digital camera tomorrow, followed by dinner chez Anina & Mario (Kirsten and Jon are up from Canberra - Ms. Sofie's first visit to Sydney). Sunday I'm doing Bollywood. The Bollywood Masala Indian Film Festival is on and I'm going to see 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' (Tomorrow is a Maybe!) with a group of people. Get this for a description of the synopsis!
Naina (Preity Zinta) leads a dull life within a small Indian community in New York City. Constantly distracted by the non-stop bickering in her half-Punjabi, half-Catholic household; her grandmother’s evil temper; babysitting her little brother and sister; helping her mother deal with the family’s never-ending financial crises – poor Naina has no time for herself. She’s 23 going on 50!Enter Aman (Shah Rukh Khan)! Like a tornado, he sweeps into their tiny Indian neighbourhood and takes it over. Tirelessly helping others solve their problems, the charming Aman has all the answers… which is all fine with Naina, until he decides to sort out her life… In a league of its own, KAL HO NAA HO is one of the best Bollywood films of all time. Hilarious characters of all persuasions – Gujarati, Punjabi, Sardar, video pirates from Mumbai – pepper the action. It’s funny and moving and sad, and a treat to watch! Winner of 14 IIFA Awards including Best Film, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor & Actress, Best Lyrics, Best Music Direction and Best Story...
Should be great!
This is going to be a very quick post as I have to be back in class in a few minutes. A very busy weekend ahead of me. Tonight I'm going out for dinner (and later to karaoke!) with some people from work. Shopping for a notebook and digital camera tomorrow, followed by dinner chez Anina & Mario (Kirsten and Jon are up from Canberra - Ms. Sofie's first visit to Sydney). Sunday I'm doing Bollywood. The Bollywood Masala Indian Film Festival is on and I'm going to see 'Kal Ho Naa Ho' (Tomorrow is a Maybe!) with a group of people. Get this for a description of the synopsis!
Naina (Preity Zinta) leads a dull life within a small Indian community in New York City. Constantly distracted by the non-stop bickering in her half-Punjabi, half-Catholic household; her grandmother’s evil temper; babysitting her little brother and sister; helping her mother deal with the family’s never-ending financial crises – poor Naina has no time for herself. She’s 23 going on 50!Enter Aman (Shah Rukh Khan)! Like a tornado, he sweeps into their tiny Indian neighbourhood and takes it over. Tirelessly helping others solve their problems, the charming Aman has all the answers… which is all fine with Naina, until he decides to sort out her life… In a league of its own, KAL HO NAA HO is one of the best Bollywood films of all time. Hilarious characters of all persuasions – Gujarati, Punjabi, Sardar, video pirates from Mumbai – pepper the action. It’s funny and moving and sad, and a treat to watch! Winner of 14 IIFA Awards including Best Film, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor & Actress, Best Lyrics, Best Music Direction and Best Story...
Should be great!

<< Home