Thursday, September 16, 2004

Melbourne Bound

Off to Melbourne this evening. Qurban is off as well (actually via Melbourne - his flight to Bangkok stops off in Melbourne to pick up passengers!) so Bob - one of my housemates - is going to take us to the airport in Qurban's car, which he's leaving at my house while he's away. Unfortunately I leave earlier than Qurban, so it'll have to be a very quick goodbye - probably better that way as I have a feeling I might be feeling a little emotional. When I spoke to Qurban last night he said he was feeling mixed emotions - hard to imagine what it'd be like seeing your family again after so many years and not knowing if they were alive or not.
Spent hours playing with my new toy last night. It's very cool - 15.4" wide screen, DVD/CD burner... All very exciting. Obviously watching a DVD on a computer is not as good as on a DVD player, but it's pretty damned good. This morning I installed the software to download pictures from my new digital camera so hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures soon. Will take some pictures of Melbourne for you Lian!