Hi-tech Ian
Yes Ian goes hi-tech! Bought a digital camera on the weekend and yesterday I took the plunge and bought a notebook. Haven't actually got it yet as it had to be ordered in from another store, but I'm picking it up after work - all very exciting. Have been uhmming and ahhing about buying a notebook for a while, but haven't been able to decide on one. There are so many and it's so difficult to decide between them all. Hopefully I've made the right decision though - I'd like to think I have. In the end I bought an Asus - DVD/CD burner, 60GB, 512MB RAM, wireless technologhy ... sounds pretty cool.
My first day back at work for the week and actually this week I'm only in today (Wednesday) and tomorrow as tomorrow evening I'm off to Melbourne for 3 days. Qurban is also off to Pakistan tomorrow evening, so it's all happening. He'll be gone for about 5 weeks - I really hope all goes well for him.
Have had quite a busy social life since my last post. Had dinner with Kirsten, Jon and Sofie at Anina and Mario's on Saturday evening (thankyou Anina for feeding us so well!), Bollywood Sunday evening, lunch with Kirsten, Jon, Sofie and Qurban on Monday, attended a special screening of a new Australian film 'Somersault' with my Catherine Monday evening...
'Kal Ho Naa Ho' was a good laugh. Wouldn't say it's on of my favourite Bollywood films, but it had all the classic Bollywood elements - a love triangle (actually the strangest Bollywood love triangle I've ever seen), a death, a wedding, an evil mother-in-law... the whole thing. Some great tunes as well - in fact yesterday I was humming one of the tunes all morning. Was supposed to be seeing another film tonight with my friend Suzanne, but last night we both decided that neither of us was up to it. Suzanne has a very good excuse though - she's pregnant! Everyone I know seems to be having babies!
The film I saw on Monday night - 'Somersault' - was fantastic and if anyone has the chance to see it, do. The director - Cate Shortland - and quite a number of the cast were there to answer questions after the film as well. Amazing cinematography and amazing performances.
Once I get my notebook set up I'll try posting some pics - have been playing with my digital camera over the past few days and have some cools pics.
OK - time to go to class

<< Home