Monday, September 20, 2004

Melbourne Returned

Back in Sydney and back at work. Didn't get home until quite late last night as the flight was delayed for 45 minutes and by the time I got to bed it was nearly midnight. Definitlely didn't appreciate having to get up at 6 this morning! Only 2 more weeks though and then I'm off on my trip to Japan and San Francisco.

Melbourne was cold, but fun. Spent most of the time with my friend Kiya. She lives up in the Dandenongs (the hills east of Melbourne) so I went up there for the day on Saturday and yesterday she came down into the city and we spent the afternoon in the Botanical Gardens catching up and basking in the warm sun.
Melbourne is so different to Sydney. It seems so much more spacious and so much calmer after the frenetic madness of the Sydney CBD. Love the trams - Melbourne wouldn't be Melbourne without the trams. I prefer Sydney (Lian will hate me for saying this!), but still like Melbourne a lot.
Got an SMS on Saturday morning from Qurban. He was waiting at Lahore airport for his flight to Quetta and everything seemed to be fine. He said he would try calling me later today, so will hopefully have an update on how he's doing tomorrow. Amazing to think that he's now with his family after all this time.