Friday Fever
Yes - you can tell it's Friday afternoon. All the happy faces here in the staff room. I was actually going sneak out about an hour ago as my class finished at 12.45 and because I have a marking day on Monday I don't have any prep. However, just as I was about to leave I remembered that I was supposed to be in the computer room supervising students, so I'm still here. Am hoping to leave fairly soon though.
Apart from not enough sleep - must be the heat - I've had a fairly good week. It was such a beautiful evening last night that I decided after dinner to catch a train into the city and have an evening stroll around Circular Quay and the Opera House. There were lots of people about and there was a real buzz. At 9 there was a light show on the Harbour Bridge. Wasn't as good as last year's, but a good excuse to come into the city. Of course I had to have a gelato - lychee and mango seemed the most appropriate on a summer evening. Life isn't too bad here in Sydney...

<< Home