Almodovar
Yeh - blue sky. After two days of miserable weather it's great to see blue skies again. Thursday in particular felt like a winter's day, with cold winds, and yesterday wasn't much better. I guess I can't really complain though as up until Thursday the weather had been beautiful and even though it felt cold on Thursday 18 degrees is not really that cold in the scheme of things.
I'm not doing very well at updating my blog at the moment - even though I now have no excuses. Last night I went to the cinema with Judith and Cath. Judith mentioned that she hadn't checked out my blog for some time, so I guess this is for you Judith.
We went to see 'la Mala Educacion (Bad Education)' the 'latest' Pedro Almodovar film. For some reason non-Hollywood films seem to be taking ages to get released here and it's disappointing that it's taken over a year for a film from one of the world's greatest modern directors to finally be released here. I love Almodovar films and although, for me, 'la Mala Educacion' is perhaps not quite as brilliant as 'Todo Sobre mi Madre (All About my Mother)' I still loved it. Actually it was quite unlike 'Todo Sobre mi Madre' and 'Hable con Ella (Talk to Her)' and reminded me more of his earlier films. Some reviews have criticised the film for it's convoluted story, but I found it very easy to follow and loved the cerebral nature of the film. There was something very sensual about the film - the scene in the swimming pool in particular. There's something about Almodovar's films that I just love; ever since I first saw 'Mujeres al Borde de un Ataque de Nervios (Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown)' - another one of my favourite films. I love his sense of style and his obvious love for the characters he creates.
I also saw 'Bride and Prejudice' (again with Judith - people are going to start talking!) this week. Very different from 'la Mala Educacion', obviously, but being a big Bollywood fan I had a great time. I had no idea that the songs were mainly in English, but they were actually very true to the Hindi songs that inspired them. Interesting that both films I've seen this week play homage to the cinema that inspired the directors.
Back to full-time work next week. Will I be able to cope??? This week did something different on each day I was at work, but actually quite enjoyed the change. Hopefully the full-time work will continue as I need to save some money. My frugal (Kirsten would say cheap!) lifestyle and the fact that favourite pastime - walking - cost nothing means that my bank balance isn't too bad, but I haven't really been saving much. I'm not really in the right industry though if I want to make lots of money.
OK - time to enjoy the beautiful weather
I'm not doing very well at updating my blog at the moment - even though I now have no excuses. Last night I went to the cinema with Judith and Cath. Judith mentioned that she hadn't checked out my blog for some time, so I guess this is for you Judith.
We went to see 'la Mala Educacion (Bad Education)' the 'latest' Pedro Almodovar film. For some reason non-Hollywood films seem to be taking ages to get released here and it's disappointing that it's taken over a year for a film from one of the world's greatest modern directors to finally be released here. I love Almodovar films and although, for me, 'la Mala Educacion' is perhaps not quite as brilliant as 'Todo Sobre mi Madre (All About my Mother)' I still loved it. Actually it was quite unlike 'Todo Sobre mi Madre' and 'Hable con Ella (Talk to Her)' and reminded me more of his earlier films. Some reviews have criticised the film for it's convoluted story, but I found it very easy to follow and loved the cerebral nature of the film. There was something very sensual about the film - the scene in the swimming pool in particular. There's something about Almodovar's films that I just love; ever since I first saw 'Mujeres al Borde de un Ataque de Nervios (Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown)' - another one of my favourite films. I love his sense of style and his obvious love for the characters he creates.
I also saw 'Bride and Prejudice' (again with Judith - people are going to start talking!) this week. Very different from 'la Mala Educacion', obviously, but being a big Bollywood fan I had a great time. I had no idea that the songs were mainly in English, but they were actually very true to the Hindi songs that inspired them. Interesting that both films I've seen this week play homage to the cinema that inspired the directors.
Back to full-time work next week. Will I be able to cope??? This week did something different on each day I was at work, but actually quite enjoyed the change. Hopefully the full-time work will continue as I need to save some money. My frugal (Kirsten would say cheap!) lifestyle and the fact that favourite pastime - walking - cost nothing means that my bank balance isn't too bad, but I haven't really been saving much. I'm not really in the right industry though if I want to make lots of money.
OK - time to enjoy the beautiful weather

<< Home